Ghana’s Parliament, has constituted a 26-Member Committee, to vet various Ministers-designate, nominated by the President, Nana Akufo-Addo.
The Appointments Committee, which is also known as the Vetting Committee of the august House, is chaired by the first deputy Speaker of Parliament, Joseph Osei-Owusu, while the minority leader, Haruna Iddrisu, is a ranking member on the Committee.
The Committee comprises 16 Members from the majority side of the House and 10 from the minority side.
His Excellency, Akufo-Addo, who has so far nominated 36 Ministers-designate for various ministerial portfolios, urged the Speaker of Parliament, Prof. Michael Oquaye, to impress on the Committee to approve them quickly, to enable them start their work.
Parliament is expected to either approve or disapprove the Ministers-designate. Vetting is expected to commence on Friday, the 20th of January, 2017.
The list of Members on the Committee is as follows:
- Joseph Osei-Owusu – Chairman
- Sarah Adwoa Safo – Vice Chairperson
- Kwasi Ameyaw-Cheremeh – Member
- Dominic Nitiwul – Member
- Samuel Atta Akyea – Member
- Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Member
- Nii Kwartei Titus Glover – Member
- Ursula Owusu Ekuful – Member
- Joseph Kofi Adda – Member
- Joseph Cudjoe – Member
- Patricia Appiagyei – Member
- Osei Bonsu Amoah – Member
- Kofi Amoakohene – Member
- Anthony N-yoh Puowele Karbo – Member
- Barbara Asher Ayisi – Member
- Michael Yaw Gyato – Member
- Haruna Iddrisu – Ranking Member
- Mohammed-Mubarak Muntaka (Alhaji) – Deputy Ranking Member
- Mahama Ayariga – Member
- Sampson Ahi – Member
- Eric Opoku – Member
- Dr. Bernice Adiku Heloo – Member
- Joseph Yieleh Chireh – Member
- Edwin Nii Lantey Vanderpuye – Member
- Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa – Member
- Alhassan Suhuyini – Member