Three charged for robbery, conspiracy to commit crime and dishonesty receiving.


An Accra Circuit Court presided over by His Honour Mr Aboagye Tandoh has remanded in prison custody three accused persons namely Akwesi Francis (First Accused), Ampadu Joseph (Second Accused) and Lavoe Stephen (Third Accused) on charges of conspiracy to commit crime, robbery and dishonesty receiving.

In reading the brief facts, the Prosecutor, Chief Inspector Kwabena Adu said that the Complainant in the case is a civil engineer at Vivo Energy and lives at Agbogba cemetery junction Accra.

He added that the First Accused is a laptop repairer and lives at Danfa New Site while the Second accused, a trader and the Third accused person, a fuel pump attendant, live at Ashiyie Fulani and Adenta Sakora respectively.

According to Chief Adu, on 9th February, 2018 at about 2:00 a.m., whilst Complainant was asleep with his wife, two men wearing face masks and welding guns managed to enter his apartment, held them hostage at gunpoint, ransacked the rooms and robbed them of 3 laptops with the chargers, 8 mobile phones including a black 2017 model Samsung mobile phone, two wrist watches, a jewellery box containing assorted jewels and cash of GH₵800.

He narrated that they parked the booty into the Complainant’s official vehicle, a Toyota Hilux double cabin pickup with registration number GN 5327-17, and drove away indicating to the Complainant that they had been contracted to kill him for US$10 million but they decided to spare him.

The Prosecutor added that the Complainant reported the incident at the Agbogba Police Station and the vehicle was later found abandoned at a place near Abokobi and it was towed to the station.

“With the assistance of a tracking device, the black 2017 Samsung phone was found with the Third Accused. He was arrested and he mentioned the Second Accused as the one who sold same to him. He led police to arrest the Second accused. The Third Accused also mentioned the First Accused as the one who sold it to him during the month of February 2018”, Chief Adu explained.

According to the Prosecutor, the First Accused upon his arrest claimed it was a certain man who had brought the phone to him for sale.

Chief Inspector Adu explained that the First Accused said that he also took it to the Second Accused and sold same to him at GH₵400.

“He claimed he did not know the name or abode of the one who brought the phone but he can identify him when seen”, the Prosecutor added.

According to Chief Inspector Kwabena Adu, the case is still under investigation.

Source: Ghanajustice/F.Kyeremanteng


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here